Do you ever question your managerial abilities? Do you look in the mirror from time to time and ask yourself how you are doing? Here is a quick test:
- Are you a know-it-all? Do you always have to be right or have the best ideas?
- Are you driven by people Or metrics? Do you spend your time focused on how your people are doing or just tracking the numbers?
- Do you resist change? Are you happy with the way things are because they are challenge enough for you?
- Do you distrust your employees? Do you check up on your employees continually because you distrust them to get the job done or to represent your interest the way they should?
- Do you endorse all the new technologies? You’re sure that all the new technologies will increase the performance of your employees?
- Do you encourage bickering between your employees? Do you think that pitting one employee or group against another creates greater productivity?
- Do you have to do everything yourself? Do you see it too risky to let your employees take on important tasks or have performance impacting responsibilities?
- Do you expect people to read your thoughts? Do you expect your employees to know what you’re thinking and to take the appropriate action to get things done the way you want?
- Do you see indecision as being thorough? Is it hard for you to make a decision because you’re not sure you have all the information you need to guarantee your decision will be the right every time?
- Do you see non-performers as just part of your culture? Do you accept non-performers as normal part of any organization and try to pass them on to other departments when possible?
- Do you believe you deserve the credit? Do you think that you should receive the credit for the group of employees you manage; after all you are the leader of the group?
What factors do you measure yourself against?
Look at our library of more Tips & Thoughts here!
If you have a question you would like us to address, let us know at contact@CollaborationHQ.com