If this wasn’t such an important issue for you and others in this same situation, I would insert the Rodney Dangerfield quote, but I won’t. Let’s look at some suggestions that may help you.
I think you need to approach this from two directions, self-respect and the respect you see from others.
Self-respect starts with an honest assessment of how you see yourself;
- Are you where you want to be?
- Do you deserve to be where you are?
- Are you qualified to be where you are?
- Are you willing to work hard where you are?
- Do you have something to offer others that help them?
- Do you see most things in a positive or negative manner?
Respect from others starts with you knowing why they respond to you the way they do;
- Do I listen more than I talk?
- Do I reach out to help others without being asked?
- Do I give credit to others for their contribution?
- Do I go the extra mile to get things done?
- Do I ask others for their opinions or help?
- Do I care more about the organization and less about my personal gain?
- Do I approach things from the positive?
Look at our library of Tips & Thoughts here!
If you have a question you would like us to address, let us know at contact@CollaborationHQ.com