- Get to know your customers really well; what are their likes and dislikes; talk with them, meet with them as much as possible. Let them know you want to help them be successful.
- Ask their opinions about potential new products or feature enhancements; find out what they want and then deliver it. The Field of Dreams approach (build it and they will come) is a very risky approach.
- Provide the superior service when something is not right for them. You don’t have to be a Nordstrom to provide exceptional service; you just need to have everyone in the company understand the importance of keeping the client happy with both the products and the Company. This attitude does not just happen; it takes leadership and training constantly.
- Provide products and services that exceed the expectation of the customer. That means functionality, quality, ease of use and price; not just price.
- Keep an eye on the competition to know what they are doing. Two “don’ts here, first never waste the resources to purposely put the competition out of business, let the market place do that; second, don’t follow the competition unless the clearly are better at knowing what the customers want than you—don’t let that happen. They may be bigger and have more resources but size has never been the secret to success.
Look at our library of other Tips & Thoughts here!
If you have a question you would like us to address, let us know at contact@CollaborationHQ.com